Well, tomorrow, technically, but hey - don't be so picky!
Christmas Eve today, and I've managed to be quite slim on the time in the kitchen in the lead up to the cooking fest of tomorrow... Sigh... Nah, I love it really :) cooking seems to make me happy, so it's not all that bad. Just when i start worrying that others won't like what I'm making or that they think I'm trying to show off or takeover because HONEST that's not what it's about. I just figure, if someone else doesn't enjoy cooking like I do, then why make them do it? Except when I get over it and decide I need a break too...
DH and I almost decided on not buying each other any presents this year, in our last bid to save some money before HM09. If you know me very well at all, you'll probably guess that that idea didn't last long. So then we tried "oh, just something little, like under $20". That didn't work very well either, because DH is the kind of man who just buys what he wants/needs if he has the money, so what ON EARTH am I supposed to get him?!
The almost-father-in-law, heretofore to be known as Danny DeVito (for reasons that make me giggle), potentially has a new job. This is exciting news because his current employers are Butt-Heads. So when we drive past we make the sign of the cross to ward off their evil influence. They really are just big meanies, and they're not nice at all. So, in light of these unhappy circumstances, it is somewhat heartening that Danny DeVito might have new employment. It seems to be a good opportunity, with lots of responsibility and room to move in any direction he should so choose. Only problem? Of course, money. But here's hoping they can sort that out because this could be kinda cool...
Well, I probs ought to go to bed soon. Got to get up early and help prep the turkey (the first time I've ever had it, so this should be good!), get the roast veges ready for lunch, help make breakfast and open presents! Gonna be a big day tomorrow!
On another Christmas-y note, I'd like to wish a very Merry Christmas to everyone I love. Sweet dreams to Boof, Rascal and Possum sleeping (or trying to in Boof's case) in the lounge as we all wait for Santa's arrival with presents :D I'm missing you guys heapsalot, and Poppa too, and everyone else too... hehe
With all the love and blessing I can give, here's hoping you enjoy your holiday of choice (I'm not here to discriminate) and share it with like-minded people who make you smile. Cos nobody likes a grump, or that person in the family. So they can just go somewhere else, I've decided :D
*love*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Sweetie
Which one is Rascal and which one is Possum?
Anyway both Possum and Rascal slept in the lounge, joined by Boof when she came home from work, and me after Santa had visited the kids' bedrooms.
It wasn't the same without you this year *sob*
Potiki has a pressie for you, which almost got thrown out with the pile of torn wrapping paper! I saved it when I was sorting the recycling the next day. Close call.
BTW impossible to call you via telephone. It always gets a busy signal.
Post a Comment