Sunday, February 22, 2009

Adios Argentina

Tonight is my last night in Argentina for the foreseeable future. I never thought I'd actually make it back here, but here we all are.

The last few days in Buenos Aires have been a lot of fun. We've seen the touristy stuff - the Obelisk at day and night, La Boca (twice), the gardens, a gaucho experience out in the provinces, the numerous "Shoppings". We went to a tango class where 'real' Buenos Aires porteƱos go to learn and then dance until the wee hours of the morning.

We've had so many asados (Argentine BBQs) over the last week and a half, I don't think I've ever seen so much meat in such a small amount of time in my life! Last night was a fabulous asado at a friend's house (made all the more fabulous because he's my age and cooked such a good bbq), followed by fun times with a guitar and singing.

I'm going to miss the super long days of warm sunshine, the super tasty food and that casual easy-going way of life they seem to enjoy here...

Here we go, off to Santiago, Chile!

Hasta la vista baby

1 comment:

popsicle said...

hasta del fuego chica!