Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chilling in Chile, Santiago to be exact.

Here we are in Chile.

I'm not entirely sure what we're supposed to do there. At least in Rio we knew we were just going to spend all day at the beach really and see Jesus on the hill. Here... What do I do?

I kinda want to go to a vineyard, and I think Mama wants to come too... Whether we get around to seeing one I'm not sure.

Crazily, we were walking around the city shops yesterday after we checked in to see what was there and try find a supermarket to get some coke and food, when... Mama had her necklace stolen off her neck. Right there in the street. Some little punk just ran up, upclipped it (or something) and ran off round the corner. Before we even had a chance to react, he was gone!

But, that may just convince Mama that she needs to have her handbag properly zipped up and underneath her arm and her hand on the zips at the front like every other woman we've seen all around South America instead of leaving it open with her wallet falling out...

fortunately, it wasn't a particularly flash or expensivo necklace, so it's not too bad I guess... Just kinda scary. And we were just saying how much more organised and structured Santiago was, how it seemed more like a big city in America than a South American city. Maybe that'll teach us huh?

On another note, it's back to being gloriously sunny and hot here - it was getting a bit cold and wet and windy in Bs As.

I'm off to decide how to spend the next few days in Chile.
Here's hoping we can find a llama. I think Nana and Grandad might like that. Reminds me of their living room ;)

No comments: